Wage Increases for AFSCME – Patient Care Technical (EX)
The following wage increase will be implemented for Patient Care Technical (EX) employees effective October 13, 2013, for biweekly paid employees.
1.5% Salary Range Adjustment
- The University will adjust the existing salary ranges in the Patient Care Technical (EX) bargaining unit by 1.5%. As a result of this adjustment, eligible employees in the EX bargaining unit will receive a 1.5% within-range increase.
- Eligible employees are all members of the bargaining unit on active status or on an approved leave on the effective date of the increase and who remain on payroll on the date of payout.
- Employees at, near, or above the maximum of the salary range will have their base pay increased to the maximum of the range and will then receive a one-time, annualized, non-base building, pro-rated by appointment percentage, retirement eligible lump sum payment on the remaining portion of the 3% that was not provided within range. (Lump sum payments should be processed at the departmental level.)
- Adjustments to RES appointments must be done at the department level.
- The new rates reflecting this adjustment will be available on the Healthcare Title and Pay Plan beginning October 13, 2013, which can be found in Related Information.
- EDB will reflect the new rates on October 8, 2013. IPAY screens will be available for review November 1, 2013, for biweekly paid employees.
- The new rates reflecting the across-the-board increase for biweekly paid employees will appear on the November 6, 2013, paycheck.
- The 1.5% within-range increase will be processed centrally by Campus Payroll.
Contact Campus Human Resources Compensation at (310) 794-0880 or your Compensation Consultant with questions regarding these upcoming wage changes. Questions regarding EDB processing should be directed to Campus Policy and Personnel Services at (310) 794-3147.