Wage Increases for AFSCME - Service Unit (SX)
Pursuant to the agreement between the University of California and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) bargaining unit, UCLA implemented the following salary actions for Service Unit (SX) employees on July 1, 2013, for monthly paid employees and July 7, 2013, for biweekly paid employees.
- Eligible employees are non-probationary career members of the bargaining unit on active status or on an approved leave on the effective date of the increase and who remain on payroll on the date of payout (July 31, 2013 for biweekly paid employees and August 1, 2013 for monthly paid employees).
- Career non-probationary employees within range will receive a 1-step increase up to the maximum step of the range.
- Departments will process this step increase via Web Merit; Wage Implementation Schedule for Web Merit is attached.
- Adjustments to appointments with a RES distribution must be done at the department level.
- EDB will reflect the new rates for the step increase on July 15, 2013. IPAY screens will be available for review July 25, 2013 for biweekly paid employees and July 26, 2013 for monthly paid employees.
- The new rates reflecting the step increase for biweekly paid employees will appear on the July 31, 2013, paycheck and for monthly paid employees on the August 1, 2013, paycheck.
Experience-Based Step Increase
- If applicable, employees will receive an additional step increase to reflect their experience in their current title as calculated on September 30, 2009 and is based upon Table X.
- Eligible employees are those employees who: Effective July 1, 2013, if an employee did not fully transition to the step structure based on a year for year calculation of UC experience within a title, or through the step increase(s) effective above, then the employee shall receive an additional step increase - up to the maximum step of the range.
- Departments will add the additional step for eligible employees via Web Merit.
- If departments do not have a copy of Table X for their respective department, contact Lucie Dean at (310) 794-0876.
- The new rates reflecting the experience-based step increase for biweekly paid employees will appear on the July 31, 2013, paycheck and for monthly paid employees on the August 1, 2013, paycheck.
For specific information regarding this step increase, refer to the SX contract; Article 41, section B.4.d. Contact Campus Human Resources Compensation at (310) 794-0880 or your Compensation Consultant with questions regarding these changes. Questions regarding EDB should be directed to Campus Personnel Services at (310) 794-3147.
Campus Human Resources, Compensation Services
Phone: (310) 794-0880 | Fax: (310) 794-0875