Wage Increase for University Professional & Technical Employees (UPTE)
Pursuant to the agreement between the University of California and the University Professional and Technical Employee (UPTE) union, UCLA will be implementing the following salary actions for employees in the Research Support Professionals Unit (RX) and Technical Unit (TX) effective October 1, 2014, for monthly paid employees and October 12, 2014, for biweekly paid employees.
A 3% Across the Board/Range Adjustment will be processed centrally with new rates reflected in EDB on October 6, 2014:
1. All RX/TX salary ranges will be increased by 3% resulting in a 3% salary increase for all eligible employees.
2. For specific information regarding range adjustments please refer to RX/TX contract; Article 6, section A.4
3. Eligible employees are members of the bargaining unit on active status or an approved leave of absence on the effective date of the increase and who remain on payroll when the payment is calculated and paid.
4. If an eligible employee is missed by the central processing or has an RES Appointment, manual processing by the department is necessary.
5. Manual Processing Period: Monday, October 6, 2014, through 5 p.m. on Friday, October 17, 2014.
6. Freeze Period: September 29, 2014 through October 3, 2014. Please withhold processing any changes during this period that will affect appointment and distribution information for employees eligible for the across the board/range adjustment. Any appointment and distribution changes processed in EDB during this Freeze Period will likely disrupt central processing of the increase. Should this occur, EDB preparers must manually process the increase on-line in EDB during the Manual Processing Period.
7. Employees whose pay exceeds the salary range maximum before the rate increase is applied are eligible for an increase only up to the new salary range maximum.
8. If an employee’s pay is equal to or exceeds the salary range maximum after the range adjustment is applied, an increase will not be processed.
New rates for biweekly paid employees will be reflected on the November 5, 2014, paycheck for which IPAY screens can be reviewed on October 31, 2014. New rates for monthly paid employees will be reflected on the October 31, 2014, paycheck for which IPAY screens can be reviewed on October 27, 2014.
Contact Campus Human Resources Compensation at 310-794-0880 or your Compensation Consultant with questions regarding these upcoming wage changes. Questions regarding EDB should be directed to CHR Policy and Personnel Services at 310-794-3147.
Campus Human Resources, Compensation Services
Phone: (310) 794-0880 | Fax: (310) 794-0875