Career Discovery Series
This five module set of workshops introduces you to effective tools and techniques to explore your professional needs, research career options and develop strategies for successful career paths within the University system. These sessions focus on goal setting, self-assessment, job search strategies, resume writing and effective interviewing.
In our continuing efforts to be responsive to the needs of the University, Campus Human Resources offers a program for all staff: The Career Discovery Series — Your Roadmap to Success at UCLA. As an employer, we offer unparalleled variety in job roles and career opportunities. Navigating the options can be challenging, and we are here to help.
Even during times of challenge, UCLA’s workplace will continue to offer opportunities for committed, talented people. As hiring managers search for talent, we believe their best source is among those who already work for us — people like you.
In this five module program, learn how to foster your career at UCLA:
- Do you have career goals but don’t know how to get there?
- Do you feel you have skills to be successful but haven’t realized your plans?
- Have you identified your ideal work environment?
- Do you know how to assess the organization’s culture?
- Do you know how to develop professional networks?
- Does your resume effectively represent your skills and experiences?
- Do you know how to effectively highlight your strengths in a job interview?
The Career Discovery Series introduces you to effective tools and techniques to answer your questions. You will explore your professional needs, research career options and develop strategies for successful career paths within the University system.
The five sessions include the following courses in the optimal sequence in which to take them. Any single workshop may be taken, however, as your needs and preferences require:
- Fulfilling Your Career Potential
- Discover Your Career Path
- Getting Ready! Preparing for the Successful Job Search
- Writing it Right: The Winning Resume
- Marketing Your Talents: Successful Interviewing
Course schedules may be found online on the UC Learning Center. For additional information, contact a Training Assistant at (310) 794-0850.
Campus Human Resources, Training and Development
Phone: (310) 794-0850 | Fax: (310) 794-0855