UC Learning Center LMS FAQs
Q: How do I access the UC Learning Center LMS to register for Instructor-led courses or complete
A: Please visit UC Learning Center and login using your UCLA logon ID and password.
Q: Why am I unable to access the UC Learning Center?
- NEW EMPLOYEES: It may take up to one week from the date of hire for an LMS account to be activated for new employees. If it has been more than 7 days since your date of hire, please ask your department’s payroll representative to verify that your date of birth and SSN are correct in UCPath.
- TRANSFERS FROM OTHER UC LOCATIONS: You may remain in the UC Learning Center Domain of the former campus you were employed at. In this case, contact [email protected] to request a domain transfer.
- EMPLOYEES ON LEAVE OR INACTIVE STATUS: You will not be able to access the UC Learning Center until you return to active payroll status
- CONTRACTORS/TEMPORARY HIRES/NON-EMPLOYEE STUDENTS: UC Learning Center access is limited to active UCLA staff, faculty and student employees.
Q: How do I lookup my UCLA logon ID or reset my password?
A: Please visit UCLA Identity and Accounts Manager.
Q: Which browsers are compatible with the UC Learning Center?
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 – Earlier versions of IE are not supported. The LMS does not support Internet Explorer in Compatibility Mode.
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium) - The LMS does not support Edge in Compatibility Mode
- Microsoft Edge (Legacy) 44
- Mozilla Firefox 70
- Google Chrome 78
- Apple Safari 12.x & 13.x
Q: Why is my email address incorrect?
A: Email addresses in the LMS reflect what is listed as an employee’s business email address in the UCPath payroll system. Please contact your department’s payroll representative and ask them to update your email address in UCPath. Your learner profile should automatically update 24-48 hours after this change is made.
Q: Why does the system have the wrong supervisor listed for me?
A: The LMS determines an employee’s supervisor based on who their position reports to in UCPath. If this reporting relationship is incorrect please contact your department’s payroll representative and ask them to update this information in UCPath. Your learner profile should automatically update 24-48 hours after this change is made.
Q: Why isn’t my preferred/lived name showing on my learner profile?
As of April 30th, 2021, the UC Learning Center receives and populate the First, Middle and Last Name values of Preferred (Lived), if a user has those name type values in UCPath. If none exists, the existing name type of Primary (Legal) name will continue to be sent to LMS. Please ask your department’s payroll representative to update your Preferred (Lived) name in UCPath. Your learner profile should automatically update 24-48 hours after this change is made.
Q: Where do I find my training assignments?
Please visit UC Learning Center and login using your UCLA logon ID and password. Once signed in, click the “Required Training” button to see a list of your training assignments and certifications.
Q: I am not a supervisor, why have I been assigned Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention for Supervisors, Faculty and MSPs?
A: As the title indicates, Faculty and MSPs are also required to complete this two-hour version of Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention. Additionally, some departments may code certain employees in UCPath, who are not supervisors, as requiring this course. Please contact
[email protected] if you believe your SVSHP training assignment is incorrect.
Q: Why did I receive a notification email to remind me to retake a required course when my Assignment Status is Acquired?
A: In an effort to prevent lapses in required training, email reminder notifications are automatically sent 90 days before a training certification expires. This allows employees to retake the training before their expiration date. They can do so by clicking the “Required Training” button on the UC Learning Center homepage, then clicking the start button beside the course they received a reminder notification before.Having a status of acquired should not prevent the ability to click the start button.
Q: I received a reminder email, why don’t I see I any courses listed on my required training page?
A: If you are on leave or inactive payroll status, all training requirements will be removed until you return to active payroll status.
REGISTRATION & COURSE COMPLETION
Q: I can’t find a course I am interested in registering for.
A: Most likely, a future date for the course has not been scheduled.
Q: I clicked the Start button but the activity isn’t launching.OR I successfully completed an online activity but it's not getting marked as "complete."
A: These both commonly occur due to browser issues:
- For courses that aren't showing as "complete," please allow 30-60 minutes for the system to update completion data. If it's still displaying as incomplete, then try the following options:
- Make sure you have pop-ups enabled for your SumTotal website.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Make sure you're using a compatible browser.
- Some online activities require you to manually mark yourself as complete when you close them.Try launching and closing the activity again and see if the system asks if you completed the activity. If it does, click Yes.
Q: I have to exit a course before completing it. How do I pick up where I left off?
A: Some training has a Bookmarking feature in the menu bar that you can use to mark your place.
When you reopen the training it automatically picks up where you left off. Some training has a navigation panel that you can use to jump forward or back as needed. Note the name of the last section you completed and, when you reopen the training, click on the section directly following that. For some training, your only option is to quickly click forward through the pages or videos.
Again, note the name of the last section you completed to make this process easier. If the
activity contains quizzes, most training saves your responses, but some do not. You may need to re-take them.
Q: How do I view the training records/compliance of my team members?
A: Click “MyTeam” at the top of the UC Learning Center homepage, then click “Manager Dashboard.” View the Manager Role: Manager Dashboard video tutorial or for detailed instructions regarding manager actions download the UC Learning Center Manager Guide.
Q: Why are some of my direct reports missing/incorrect?
Position data is fed to the UC Learning Center from UCPath. Please check UCPath to ensure the position data is correct.