Collective Bargaining Agreements

Depending on a position’s title code, staff employees are either policy-covered (not exclusively represented by a bargaining unit (union)) or represented by a Union. Each Union has a collective-bargaining agreement with the University that governs the terms and conditions of employment for represented employees. Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) are systemwide policies issued by the Office of the President. The PPSM apply to all staff employees whose positions are not otherwise governed by a collective-bargaining agreement.  UCLA has promulgated local procedures, which are issued by the Offices of the Chancellor and Provost, and apply to all units under the jurisdiction of UCLA.

If you are not sure which contract applies to you, you may check the Staff Title & Pay Plan or contact a human resources professional.

Employee Group

Unit Code

Bargaining Unit


Academic Student Employees


AGSE/United Auto Workers (UAW)

(510) 549-3863
Clerical & Allied ServicesCXTeamsters Local 2010(562) 376-4710
Health Care ProfessionalsHXUniversity Professional and Technical Employee (UPTE)(310) 443-5484
Non-Senate Instructional (Lecturers)IXAmerican Federation of Teachers (AFT)(310) 592-8849
Patient Care TechnicalEXAmerican Federation of State, County and Municipal Employee (AFSCME)(310) 338-1299
Physicians, Dentists, and PodiatristsDXUnion of American Physicians & Dentists(310) 398-4038
Police Officers UnitPAFederated University Police Officers Association (FUPOA)(888) 724-0172
Postdoctoral ScholarsPXUnited Auto Workers (UAW) (510) 845-5726
Professional LibrariansLXAmerican Federation of Teachers (AFT)(310) 592-8849
Registered NursesNXCalifornia Nurses Association (CNA)(818) 240-1900
Research Support ProfessionalsRXUniversity Professional and Technical Employee (UPTE)(310) 443-5484



American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employee (AFSCME)(310) 338-1299
Skilled CraftsK4Teamsters Local 2010(562) 376-4710



University Professional and Technical Employee (UPTE)(310) 443-5484

Need additional assistance?

For more information, contact CHR Employee & Labor Relations at (310) 794-0860.

Health system employees can find more information by dialing (310) 794-0500 or by clicking here.