Campus Human Resources is pleased to announce recruitment for the 2022 Staff Enrichment Program (SEP), celebrating its 43rd year in January. This highly successful, one-year program is designed to foster career development and provide skill-building opportunities for staff in administrative support positions.
Key program goals include the following:
- Empower staff to become active agents in their professional and career development
- Foster a culture of competency, skill and knowledge development
- Provide tools and frameworks to set and achieve goals, manage performance, and develop professional networks
- Foster a learning community committed to collective development and support
- Introduce staff to opportunities for career growth and exploration
Departmental support is required in order to provide release time for participants, who will average approximately 10-12 hours per month in the program. During the year, close communication is maintained among participants, their supervisors, and program staff to ensure that development activities remain consistent with department needs.
As the university transitions to a hybrid work environment, program activities will include a mix of both required remote and in-person events.
The Staff Enrichment Program is available to career employees who meet the following criteria:
- UCLA career employee with at least one year of service (at least one year of service in current role as of January 1, 2022, is strongly preferred)
- Contract employees who would otherwise be eligible for the program should contact the program manager
- Payroll title of Administrative Specialist (and equivalent titles) or below, or Career Tracks Professional Level 1 and 2
- A rating of “Meets Expectations” (or better) on the most current performance evaluation
- Departmental support for participation (direct supervisor and department head)
- Selected participants must have access to Zoom, as well as a computer with a camera and microphone and a private space to participate in remote meetings
- Selected participants must be able to travel to and attend workshops and other events on campus and in person
We encourage you to identify appropriate staff members in your organization in eligible classifications who might benefit from this investment in developing their potential. The application for the 2022 program is due by Friday, October 8, 2021, and the program begins in January 2022. Links to the digital application items, as well as more information about SEP, are available on the Staff Enrichment Program page.
For more information about the Staff Enrichment Program or the application process, contact our Staff Enrichment Program manager, Kelsey Duff, at [email protected]
- Participant Application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2022SEPapp
- Supervisor Recommendation: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2022SEPrec