Nominations are now being accepted for the Professional Development Program (PDP). The deadline for applications is April 4, 2021.
As one of the most successful career development programs at UCLA, PDP is beginning its 27th year. The program assists the University in the development and retention of a highly skilled, diverse, and motivated professional staff. The program has a demonstrated record of enhancing skills, strengthening institutional loyalty, and broadening participants' knowledge of University affairs.
The fully virtual program features several components, including advanced skills training, mentoring, coaching, networking, and career assessment. Participants design and execute an individual Capstone Project that enhances their department or organization’s operational functioning and builds skills that aid career advancement within the University.
Program eligibility requirements include:
- Full-time, career employment in Professional and Support Staff Classifications (PSS 2-6) and equivalent titles (Advancement Officers 2-3 and IT Professionals 2-5)
- Department endorsement for participation
- Minimum of one-year of service in a career appointment at UCLA by August 1, 2021
Three application materials must be submitted in order to be considered for participation:
- Applicants must complete the Participant Application via SurveyMonkey
- At the end of the Participant Application, applicants must upload a current resume
- Supervisors must complete the Supervisor Recommendation via SurveyMonkey
The application period closes on Sunday, April 4, 2021.
If you have any questions about PDP, contact Megan Eigenbrod, Training and Professional Development Program Manager via email at [email protected].