Counseling & Consultation
UCLA provides counseling, assessment and referral services to faculty and staff and their immediate family members as well as management consultations and coaching to department managers.
Campus Human Resources, Staff and Faculty Counseling Center
Phone: (310) 794-0245 | Fax: (310) 794-0251 | Mail Code: 145748
10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 380
Los Angeles, CA 90024-6504
Monday – Friday: 8 a. m. to 5 p. m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Evening and early morning appointments are available upon request.
- UCLA's Staff and Faculty Counseling Center (SFCC), UCLA’s employee assistance program, offers services to assist UCLA faculty and staff who are experiencing difficulties in their lives that affect their performance on the job.
- Information presented to a counselor at SFCC is strictly confidential. No information regarding an employee's participation is released without the employee's written consent. The exceptions to confidentiality are those where disclosure is required by law (danger to self or others). Any UCLA staff or faculty member (or immediate family/significant other) who is interested in scheduling an appointment with a counselor or in receiving information regarding resources or referrals should telephone the Center at (310) 794-0245.
SFCC Staff are licensed professional counselors equipped to handle work related and personal issues.
Co-Directors Counselors Jorge Cherbosque, PHD, CEAP (Spanish Speaking)
Nan Levine-Mann, LCSW, CEAP
Beth Argus, MA, MFT (Spanish Speaking)
Wendy Walsdorf, MA, MFT
Individual, Couples & Family Counseling, Assessment & Referral
- Up to three free counseling sessions are available for staff, faculty and their immediate family members/significant others. Skilled counselors provide crisis intervention, assessment, and short-term counseling and consultation services. Referrals may be made to community therapists and services for ongoing counseling. UCLA's Staff and Faculty Counseling Center (SFCC) can help employees establish a workable plan for managing their personal or work-related problems.
- Work-related Concerns
The Center helps employees with problems that affect their work performance due to:
- Family Issues
- Emotional Difficulties
- Alcohol or Drug Problems
- Work-Life Issues
Management Consultation & Coaching
- UCLA's Staff & Faculty Counseling Center (SFCC) provides consultation and coaching to department supervisors and managers who are concerned about employees or particular situations. SFCC can help managers and supervisors access concerns and move toward constructive solutions.
The Center provides management consultation and coaching for supervisors and departments with problems such as:
- Difficult Work Relationships
- Anger in the Workplace
- Violence & Trauma in the Workplace
- Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Troubled Employees
- Coping with Change and Loss
- Developing Emotional Intelligence