Implementation of TX and RX Wage Agreement 2005-2006
Pursuant to the collective-bargaining agreement between the University of California and the UPTE Technical (TX) and Research Support Professionals (RX) Units, ratified on December 22, 2005, the following wage items are in the process of being implemented.
- All eligible employees (including those over the range maximum) within the TX and RX units will receive a 3% range adjustment effective October 1, 2005, for employees on monthly payroll and September 25, 2005, for employees on biweekly payroll.
- These increases will be implemented centrally, with the exception of those individuals who are over the maximum of the range, for which manual adjustments will be necessary. EDB Preparers will be responsible for the over-maximum implementation.
- New rates for biweekly paid employees will be reflected in paychecks dated March 22, 2006, for which IPAY screens can be reviewed on March 17, 2006. New rates for monthly paid employees will be reflected in paychecks dated March 30, 2006, for which IPAY screens can be reviewed on March 24, 2006.
- Retroactive pay will be included in March 30, 2006, paychecks for those on monthly payroll and in April 5, 2006, paychecks for those on biweekly payroll.
- In order to be eligible for this increase, TX and RX unit members must have been in their respective unit on the effective date of the change and at time of payout. Therefore, to avoid overpayment, payroll should be notified of any employee who leaves either of these units or separates employment between the time EDB is updated on March 6, 2006, and the date of payout.
- All eligible employees in both the TX and RX units will receive a $220 lump-sum payment, which will be prorated by percentage of appointment. As this payment is being funded from IAP funds, employees in these bargaining units are no longer eligible for incentive awards.
- This payment will be included in the March 30, 2006, paychecks for those on monthly payroll and in April 5, 2006, paychecks for those on biweekly payroll.
- In order to be eligible for this lump-sum payment, members of the TX and RX units must be on active status both on the date of ratification of December 22, 2005, and in the unit at the time of the payout. Payroll should be notified of anyone leaving either of these units or separating employment between March 6, 2006, when EDB is updated, and the date of payout.
Title-Specific Pay Adjustments
- Eligible employees in both the Animal Technician (Title Codes 9523, 9524 and 9525) and the Animal Health Technician (Title Codes 9534, 9535, 9536 and 9537) series will receive an additional 4% range adjustment effective January 1, 2006. These changes will need to be implemented manually by departmental EDB Preparers between March 8 and March 21 for monthly employees for payout on March 30, 2006, paychecks and between March 8 and March 14 for employees on biweekly payroll for payout on April 5, 2006, paychecks.
- Two and one half steps will be added to the top of the base pay structures for both the Captionist and Interpreter (Title Codes 6681 and 6680) classifications. Increases have also been made to the Shift Differentials and On-call rates for these two positions.
New rates for the above changes will be available soon online under Title and Pay Plan.
Beginning March 4, 2006, you should begin to bring new hires into the new rates, as they will have missed the central programming changes at that point. Otherwise, those changes will need to be made by the department.
Additional wage changes have been agreed upon for 2006, 2007 and 2008 and details will come closer to the dates of implementation. The contract will be available soon for review on the Human Resources’ web portal.
Contact Compensation Services at (310) 794-0880 or your Compensation Consultant with questions regarding these changes. Questions regarding EDB should be directed to Personnel Services at (310) 794-3147. Questions regarding employees separating after March 6, 2006, should be directed to Payroll Services at (310) 794-8734.
Campus Human Resources, Compensation Services
Phone: (310) 794-0880 | Fax: (310) 794-0875
Campus Human Resources, Policy & Personnel Services
Phone: (310) 794-3147 | Fax: (310) 794-0865
UCLA Payroll Services
Phone: (310) 825-1089 | Fax: (310) 794-8751