Open Enrollment for 2008
The annual Open Enrollment period for 2008 is from November 1, 2007, through November 27, 2007. All changes made during these dates will become effective January 1, 2008. There will be a number of significant changes and improvements in UC’s health benefits program as a result of the University’s work this year to ensure that faculty and staff continues to have access to quality health benefits at competitive prices in 2008.
At the Open Enrollment website (see Related Information), you’ll be able to review your current plan enrollments; read about plan benefits, services and changes for 2008; see what the medical plan rates for 2008 will be; and use some helpful planning tools.
Key Changes for 2008
Cigna Choice Fund is a brand-new medical plan being offered to UC employees starting January 1, 2008. It is a PPO plan with a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA). The HRA—funded by UC—pays first to help satisfy a member's annual deductible. Once the HRA is exhausted, it works like a PPO where there is a deductible to meet before benefits are paid by the plan at 80% for in-network and 60% for out-of-network expenses.
A new no-cost, voluntary, wellness program—featuring a personal health assessment and gift certificate for completing the assessment—will be available to employees and their covered family members in all medical plans except Kaiser. Kaiser has its own integrated wellness program.
Standardized and improved behavioral health benefits will be provided by United Behavioral Health (UBH) and will be available for most employee medical plans.
Actions You Can Take During Open Enrollment
- Change to a different medical plan
- Change to a different dental plan (California residents only).
- Enroll eligible family members in your health plans.
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DepCare). Even if you are currently enrolled in these plans, you must re-enroll to participate in 2008.
- Enroll in the ARAG Legal Plan, or if already enrolled, add family members.
- Opt out of your medical, dental, or vision plan, or enroll in a new plan if you previously opted out.
Change participation in the Tax Savings on Insurance Premiums (TIP) program (enrollment is automatic unless you opt out).
- Taking into account plan changes for 2008, if you are satisfied with your current coverage and do not need to make any changes for next year, you need not take any Open Enrollment action (except for HCRA and DepCare enrollment).
If you have any questions, contact Campus Human Resources, Benefits Services.
Campus Human Resources, Benefits Services
Phone: (310) 794-0830 | Fax: (310) 794-0835