Wage Increases for AFSCME EX and SX Units
Pursuant to the Agreement between the University of California and AFSCME Patient Care Technical (EX) and Service (SX) Units, UCLA will be implementing several salary actions over the coming weeks and months. While similar in nature and timing, please note there are a few differences as outlined below.
AFSCME: SX and EX
- Both units will receive a 4.5% across the board range adjustment effective May 11, 2014. The new salary rates will be reflected in employees’ June 4, 2014, bi-weekly paychecks. These transactions were programmed into the system by payroll and employees’ updated rates are currently visible in EDB. To be eligible for this increase, employees must have been on active status, or on an approved leave, on the effective date of the increase and on the date of payout.
- Both units will receive a single step increase effective July 6, 2014, that will appear in employees’ July 30, 2014, paychecks.
SX: Service Unit
- Eligible SX employees will receive a $200 lump sum contract signing bonus included in their June 4, 2014 paychecks. To be eligible to receive this lump sum payment, the employee must have a 50% or greater appointment, and have been in the bargaining unit or on approved leave on the date of contract ratification and on the date of payout.
- In addition to the single step increase outlined above, SX will also receive a 3% across the board range adjustment effective July 6, 2014, and reflected in July 30, 2014, paychecks. To be eligible, employees must be on pay status or on an approved leave, in the SX bargaining unit on the effective date of the increase and the date of payout.
EX: Patient Care Technical Unit
- EX employees will receive a lump sum payment equal to 3% of their eligible earnings from April 1, 2013, through March 31, 2014, plus $10.00, currently scheduled for payment by August 27, 2014.
The UCLA Title & Pay Plan has been updated to reflect the new SX rates and EX revisions are underway at the Medical Center.
If you have any questions regarding these upcoming actions, please contact Campus Human Resources Compensation at (310) 794-0880 or your Compensation Consultant directly. Questions relating to EDB should be directed to CHR Policy and Personnel Services at (310) 794-3147.
Campus Human Resources, Compensation Services
Phone: (310) 794-0880 | Fax: (310) 794-0875