Chancellor’s Executive Education Fellowship
Applications are now being accepted for the Chancellor’s Executive Education Fellowship to the UCLA Anderson Executive Program. This fellowship is made possible by the generous support of Dean Judy Olian and is intended to enhance the development of emerging leaders at UCLA.
The Executive Program is offered twice per year. The first session runs from February 23 to June 24, 2013, and the second from September 21, 2013 to February 10, 2014.
Taught by Anderson faculty, the program delivers the essentials of an MBA education in an accelerated time frame and covers leadership and key management areas, from HR and operations to marketing, strategy, change management, finance and accounting.
The Executive Program offers in-depth sessions over several months:
- A trio of 3-day immersions that address leadership style to enhance decision-making, negotiation, and creativity, along with a hands-on business simulation to improve problem-solving and master complexity;
- Weekly seminars on topics that range from strategy and negotiations to change management, multicultural teams, and innovation;
- An Integrative Case Competition that marshals fact-based decision-making and requires novel, practical solutions judged by a panel of experts;
- Executive coaching to help clarify goals and develop action plans that sharpen leadership behavior; and
- Application of program insights to specific workplace challenges facilitated through experiential activities, reflection guides and peer mentoring dialogue.
The UCLA Anderson Executive Program is designed for leaders with management experience who have achieved, or have the potential to advance to, senior management positions at the University. Nominees who have attained a UCLA position at Management and Professional Staff (MSP) Grade 2 and above will be given priority consideration for the fellowship. A personal commitment to leadership development, to building their career at UCLA and the ability to invest the time to fully participate in all aspects of the program are essential to participant success.
One fellowship is offered for each session of the Executive Program. The next deadline for applications is November 16, 2012, for the February 2013 program. A selection committee appointed by the Chancellor will make fellowship recommendations. An online application form is available in Related Information.
A complete application has three parts: the application form completed by the candidate, the candidate’s resume, and a letter of endorsement from the candidate’s manager. Application materials should be forwarded to Director Robert Gibson at email@example.com, by November 16, 2012, for the February 2013 program.
An announcement of the first Fellowship award will be made in early January 2013. Those not selected for the award are encouraged to consider applying directly to UCLA Anderson by the relevant deadline for their program of interest at www.execed.anderson.ucla.edu. A 30% discount is available for eligible UCLA managers and senior staff. Early application is recommended, since space is limited. More information about the Executive Program can be found in Related Information.
Campus Human Resources, Training and Development
Phone: (310) 794-0850 | Fax: (310) 794-0855