Launch of New UC Learning Center for Enrollment in Employee Training
A new Learning Management System (LMS) is replacing the SkillNet system for enrollment in classes coordinated under the Campus Human Resources' training umbrella. The new universitywide system is called the UC Learning Center and it launches on March 15, 2010.
Features of the new system are summarized below:
- Regular uploads of employee data from the campus Payroll/Personnel system.
- Automatic inclusion of email addresses when they are entered by departments in the online directory database.
- Online search and enrollment process for courses in our inventory.
- Ability for managers to track employee training data once employees have entered their manager’s name in the system.
- Participant and supervisor email notifications confirming enrollment, wait-list status, and reminders.
- Online payment for classes that include a fee.
- Certificates of course completion.
- Online course evaluations.
- Comprehensive training transcript of courses completed in the LMS, including prior completions in the SkillNet application.
- Deployment and tracking of eLearning courses and online modules.
- Access, completion and tracking of all assigned compliance-related training.
The new system will utilize the UCLA Logon ID, and all employees must use their Logon ID to sign up for classes or to complete assigned training (e.g., Ethics Briefing). Faculty and staff are encouraged to obtain their Logon ID as soon as possible from the Bruin Online Office or by going to https://logon.ucla.edu/.
Effective March 15, 2010, you may access the new system at http://lms.ucla.edu.
If you need assistance with any of our courses, other than Logon ID questions, contact Campus Human Resources, Training & Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the Learning Center, including a help guide, is available in Related Information.
Campus Human Resources, Training and Development
Phone: (310) 794-0850 | Fax: (310) 794-0855