New Staff Assembly Executive Board Members Announced
Congratulations to the 2007-08 UCLA Staff Assembly Executive Board members who were recently elected to serve a one-year term on the board. The new members include:
- President-Elect – Kyrie Bass, Transportation Services
- Vice President-Outreach – Robert Miles, Office of Instructional Development
- Historian/Secretary – Armita Parvizi, International Institute
- Vice President-Information Systems – Joseph Chiu, Office of Instructional Development
- Treasurer – Gayelea Allison, Payroll Services
- Vice President-Programs – Mike I. Lee, Social Science Computing
- Vice President-Events – Deborah Henderson, UCLA Catering
- Vice President-Special Projects –Areli Lucatero-Perez
Along with the newly elected members, Sabrina Lux, 2006-07 President-Elect, will assume the position of UCLA Staff Assembly President on July 1, 2007. Over the next year, the Staff Assembly plans to focus on providing more opportunities that bring together employees from all areas of campus such as the upcoming All-Staff Picnic on July 25 at Dickson Court.
“We look forward to continuing the Staff Assembly’s tradition of excellence in promoting a sense of community and providing forums for the discussion of issues new and old that are important to all UCLA staff,” Lux explains. “We hope to increase involvement in Staff Assembly events and programs by engaging and bringing together our resources that make the UCLA staff such a fantastic assembly of people.”
UCLA Staff Assembly is a staff advisory group dedicated to promoting the interest and welfare of staff employees. Founded in 1978 and supported by the Office of the Chancellor and Campus Human Resources, Staff Assembly provides a forum where staff employees at all levels can discuss University issues of mutual concern and give input and ideas on policies, procedures and University activities.
If you would like to find out more about UCLA Staff Assembly, go to Related Information to visit its website.