New UCLA Administrative Management Group Board Members
The UCLA Administrative Management Group (AMG), a newly formed advisory group whose mission includes providing opportunities for growth and development for administrative and service managers, as well as professional staff campuswide, recently held its first election of AMG Board Members.
The following are the AMG Board Members for 2007:
- Chair: Kathryn Paul, Executive Director, UCLA Center for World Languages
- Chair-Elect: Olivia Díaz, Manager, Department of Chicana and Chicano Studies and
the César E. Chávez Center for Interdisciplinary Instruction
- Communications Liaison: Julia Sanchez, CAO, Department of Earth and Space Sciences
- Historian: Nancy Mendez, Director of Development Operations, Medical Sciences Development
- Treasurer: Prema Windokun, Budget and Finance Manager, College of Letters and Sciences
Members at Large:
- Shelly Brooks, Manager, School of Public Affairs/Social Welfare
- Elaine Fox, Financial Analyst, UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Judith B. Levin, CAO, Department of Mathematics
- Cindy Love, Finance Manager, Department of Political Science
- Preethi Thomas, Manager, Cotsen Institute of Archaeology
The officers will serve a two-year term and will help ensure that the group adheres to its mission to develop and nurture the University’s internal talent, as well as create a forum for effective communication between academic and administrative managers and professionals. If you would like to find out more about the AMG, its upcoming events or how you can become involved with the campus chapter, see Related Information.
39th Annual Academic Business Officers Group System-Wide Conference
AMG has reserved 25 slots for UCLA participants in the upcoming Academic Business Officers Group (ABOG) Conference on April 22 – 25, 2007, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Monterey, California.
This three-day conference is designed to provide up-to-date information from administrators at the Universitywide level, provide a forum to discuss emerging issues, and exchange information on policies and practices across the UC locations. This year’s event, hosted by the University of California, Santa Cruz, will feature a wide array of speakers from within and outside the UC system.
The conference is not restricted to academic business officers and is open to all managers and professional staff at the UCLA campus. Departments are responsible for the conference registration fee for participants and the costs for travel and accommodations. Contact Olivia Diaz, currently Vice Chair and Chair-Elect of UCLA’s AMG, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information. The registration deadline is March 1, 2007. For details about the ABOG conference, see Related Information.
Campus Human Resources
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (310) 794-0800 | Fax: (310) 794-0805