UC Ethics Briefing Launched
To heighten awareness of the University’s commitment to ethical conduct, an online Ethics Briefing is required for all campus employees at UCLA. For everyone who has an email address on file, you will receive an email from UCETHICS@UCLA.EDU with a personalized link that will direct you to the online briefing. Implementation plans for UCLA Health System employees will be announced separately.
The online briefing will help familiarize employees with the Statement of Ethical Values and Standards of Ethical Conduct that were adopted formally by the Board of Regents in May 2005, with the endorsement of the President and the Chancellors. The briefing offers a common set of standards regarding the University’s ethical values and clearly defines the behavioral conduct that is expected of all UC employees.
The online course—developed by the Office of the President and Workplace Answers—can be accessed on any computer with an Internet connection and takes approximately 30 minutes to complete (to listen to President Dynes' introduction, computer speakers or headphones will be needed). Several interactive scenarios will give you the opportunity to ponder possible ethical challenges in the workplace, and the program also includes reference materials and resource information.
To gain a better understanding of the Statement of Ethical Values and Standards of Ethical Conduct, visit the UC Ethics website in Related Information. The site also provides helpful links to UC policies and will track how all UC locations are progressing toward 100% employee completion.
The following campus officials are available for questions in their areas of responsibility:
- Sue Abeles, Assistant Vice Chancellor/Controller, Corporate Financial Services
- Bill Cormier, Director, Campus Compliance Officer, including Whistleblower Policies
- Patricia Jasper, Campus Counsel
- Carole Klove, Chief Compliance Officer, UCLA Healthcare
- Lubbe Levin, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Campus Human Resources
- Roberto Peccei, Vice Chancellor, Research, and Ann Pollack, Assistant Vice Chancellor
- Ed Pierce, Director, Audit and Advisory Services
- Tom Rice, Vice Chancellor, Academic Personnel
- Mark Speare, Senior Associate Director, Patient Relations & Human Resources, UCLA Healthcare
Robert Gibson, Director, CHR Training and Development, is serving as UCLA’s “Location Administrator” for coordination of course delivery and data management. Please contact his office for questions about course access. Dave Harmon, Director, Financial Management Programs, will be available to offer in-person briefing sessions for employees without computer access in the workplace.
Campus Human Resources, Training and Development
Phone: (310) 794-0850 | Fax: (310) 794-0855