Wage Increases to Lower-Wage Policy-Covered & CUE Represented Employees
In recognition of the impact of California’s high cost of living on employees and as part of ongoing efforts to provide competitive total compensation for all University employees, UCLA has implemented the following wage increases effective April 1, 2007, for monthly paid employees and March 25, 2007, for biweekly paid employees. Payment may be made to employees retroactively depending on the timing of necessary systems changes. All changes will be made centrally.
Policy-covered (non-represented), non-student employees affected by this proposal will receive increases as follows:
- Employees earning less than $30,000 per year will receive a 2% salary increase
- Employees earning $30,000 or more but less than $35,000 per year will receive a 1% salary increase
- Employees earning $35,000 or more but less than $40,000 per year will receive a 0.5% salary increase
These increases apply to policy-covered (non-represented) employees, except casual-restricted (student) positions, academic student employees, interns and residents, non-students in student academic titles and postdoctoral scholars.
The Coalition of University Employees (CUE) and the University have come to agreement on increases for CX unit employees who will receive increases as follows:
- Employees in a title for which the incumbents earn an average salary of less than $30,000 per year will receive a 1.5% salary increase
- Employees in a title for which the incumbents earn an average salary of $30,000 per year or more but less than $32,000 per year will receive a 1% salary increase
- Employees in a title for which the incumbents earn an average salary of $32,000 per year or more but less than $40,000 per year will receive a 0.75% salary increase
A list of the affected CUE titles is in Related Information for your review. We will provide a processing schedule as soon as the information is available.
UC is now attempting to reach similar agreements with other unions that represent lower-paid employees, and we will advise you as soon as any other agreements are made.
Please contact your Compensation Consultant with any questions regarding these changes or for assistance with this review. Contact Personnel Services at 310-794-3147 for questions regarding EDB.
Campus Human Resources, Compensation Services
Phone: (310) 794-0880 | Fax: (310) 794-0875
Campus Human Resources, Personnel Services
Phone: (310) 794-3147| Fax: (310) 794-0865