Proposed Revisions to PPSM 3 – Types of Appointment
The University of California Office of the President is proposing revisions to Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) 3 – Types of Appointment. This policy applies to all levels of staff.
The revised policy combines PPSM 3 with PPSM 24 (Per Diem Positions) and PPSM 61 (Release During the Probationary Period or from Limited Casual/Restricted, and Floater Positions) in order to have all relevant language in one policy.
The revisions are intended to achieve the following:
- Provide clear, concise and consistent language describing the following types of appointments: Career, Casual/Restricted, Contract, Floater, Limited, Partial-Year Career and Pier Diem;
- Include eligibility information for UC Health and Welfare Benefits and Retirement Plan Membership; and
- Expand the list of Personnel Policies for Staff Members in the section on Related Information.
The proposed policy is posted on UCnet.
Upon policy approval, the following documents will be rescinded:
- Personnel Policies for Staff Members 3 (Types of Appointments)
- Personnel Policies for Staff Members 24 (Per Diem Positions)
- Provisions of PPSM 61 pertaining to release from Limited, Casual/Restricted, and Floater Positions
Because this is a formal review, comments from policy-covered staff are encouraged and will be considered before the final policy is adopted. Please send comments or questions to Linda Gaddie (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Campus Human Resources or Robin Ludewig (email@example.com) in Health System Human Resources by May 22, 2017.