Getting Started as an EDB Reviewer
I am an EDB Reviewer. How do I get access to the Personnel Payroll System (PPS)?
The Chief Administrative/Financial Officer establishes the accountability structure for the department and decides who will be given access to PPS functions. The steps for obtaining access to the Personnel/Payroll system are as follows:
- Obtain approval from your supervisor and/or The Department's Chief Administrative/Financial Officer.
- Request a logon ID from IT Services by completing a System Access Request (SAR).
- Update email address and employee ID number in ORION (required for access to all PPS update functions).
- Complete mandatory Personnel/Payroll training classes (required for access to all PPS update functions).*
- Request access from Departmental Security Administrator (DSA).
- Logon to the appropriate PPS function.
* EDB and PTR classes are mandatory for EDB and PTR Preparers and Reviewers and must be completed before access to entry/update functions are granted by the department.
Which classes (offered through in-service training) do I need to take?
You and your supervisor should review the following EDB classes to help you decide. Please take a look at the class outlines for each class.
EDB Entry/Update Reviewer Training Outline
- Overview of the PPS (Refer to the PPS Overview Class Outline for more information)
- Introduction to PPS Inquiry (Refer to PPS Inquiry Class Outline for more information
- Staff Policy Class (For those reviewers who review Staff Actions)
- Apprentice Policy Class (For those reviewers who review Apprentice Actions)
- Academic Policy Class (For those reviewers who review Academic Actions)
- Benefits Policy Class
- EDB/PTR Reviewers
Campus Human Resources, Personnel Services
Phone: (310) 794-3147 | Fax: (310) 794-0865