PAN for Personnel, Payroll Transactions
PAN is a Post Authorization Notification System designed by University of California, Office of the President (UCOP) as part of the base Personnel/Payroll system. EDB Preparers use PAN to send notification(s) to the reviewers of PPS transactions that an update has occurred and to send additional notifications to other interested parties. In order to use PAN, the user must have the following:
- A valid OASIS login ID
- A computer with a UCLA IP address
- Netscape 4.5 or higher OR Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher OR Mozilla OR Safari
- Access to PAN granted by the departmental DSA upon authorization by your department head or immediate supervisor
In addition, reviewers will receive up to two emails per day if PANs have been generated for review with a link to the secure PAN website. (Click on the link to access PAN.) For those users looking for more information on PAN please refer to the following web pages.
- PPS Manual, Section E1 on Access and Security - provides an overview of the security features of the PPS including some general information on PAN.
- EDB Manual, Section A6 explains some of the PPS security features specific to EDB Entry/Update. The section also contains a sample EDB PAN notice and information about how to access the ASAP Audit log for PTR transactions generated prior to December 13, 2004.
- PTR Manual, Section A6 explains the PPS security features specific to PTR. The section also contains sample PTR PAN notices and information about how to access the ASAP Audit log for PTR transactions generated prior to December 13, 2004.
Campus Human Resources, Personnel Services
Phone: (310) 794-3147 | Fax: (310) 794-0865