2018 Staff Enrichment Program
DEANS, DIRECTORS, DEPARTMENT CHAIRS and ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS
Re: 2018 Staff Enrichment Program
Campus Human Resources is pleased to announce recruitment for the 2018 Staff Enrichment Program (SEP), celebrating its 38th year. This highly successful, one-year program, beginning its next cycle in January 2018, is designed to foster career development and provide skill-building opportunities for staff in administrative support positions.
Key program goals include the following:
- Offer professional development opportunities
- Develop the internal talent pool of highly skilled and qualified applicants for current and future job openings
- Support the diversity efforts of the University
The major developmental components of the program include individualized career coaching, skills training, and completion of a project to benefit the participant’s department. Participants are offered an opportunity to network and develop partnering relationships with program alumni who have been successful in their professional endeavors at the University. Educational stipends are also available for skills training.
Departmental support is required in order to provide release time for participants, who will average approximately 10-12 hours per month in the program. During the year, close communication is maintained among participants, their supervisors, and program staff to ensure that development activities remain consistent with department needs.
The Staff Enrichment Program is available to career employees who meet the following criteria:
- UCLA career employee with at least one year of service (with preference for those who completed at least one year of service in their current role as of January 1, 2018)
- Payroll title of Administrative Specialist (and equivalent titles) or below
- A rating of “Meets Expectations” (or better) on the most current performance evaluation
- Departmental support for participation
We encourage you to identify appropriate staff members in your organization in eligible classifications who might benefit from this investment in developing their potential. The application for the 2018 program is due by Friday, September 15, 2017 and further information is available at in Related Information.
The application and supervisor recommendation form must be downloaded and e-mailed as an attachment.
For more information about the Staff Enrichment Program or the application process, contact our SEP Coordinator, Megan Eigenbrod, at (310) 794-0872 or [email protected].
Associate Vice Chancellor
Campus Human Resources