Management Seminar Series
Management Seminar Series
Summary: Management Seminars offer quarterly, half-day workshops for UCLA managers in a partnership between Campus Human Resources’ Training and Development and UCLA’s Anderson School Executive Education Program. Each year’s program is organized around a theme of topics relevant to current issues and emerging management trends.
These seminars offer unique professional development for University leaders by world-class faculty, right here on campus. They feature relevant tools and approaches that have direct impact on improving organizations, innovations in management education and engage participants and their colleagues in intellectual stimulation and learning.
Participating managers can:
- Gain first-hand access to distinguished faculty
- Learn about research-based practical applications for organizational success
- Sharpen organizational and leadership skills
- Receive powerful techniques that can be immediately implemented at work
- Interact with UCLA colleagues who share similar workplace challenges
The theme for 2016-17 is "Managing Towards the Future: Leveraging Changing Times." The program, designed to strengthen management competencies to effectively lead a diverse workforce in a fast-changing and challenging work environment, features presentations by national experts in their fields and interactive dialogue with campus peers and colleagues.
Quarterly sessions are offered on the following topics:
- Futurism: Tech and Its Impact on Opportunities, Challenges and the Workforce, Professor Terry Kramer, Nov. 3, 2016
- Diversity in the Workplace, Professor Miguel Unzueta, Dec. 1, 2016
- Building and Communicating Your Strategic Plan, Professor Al Osborne, Jan. 25, 2017
- Leading, Following and Managing Up/Down, Dean Judy Olian, March 16, 2017
All academic and administrative leaders, faculty and professional staff in PSS 5 classifications and above are eligible to attend. For more information about the series, review the eBrochure in Related Information. To enroll, visit the UC Learning Center, also in Related Information, and select the Management Seminar Series category.
Package enrollments enjoy priority, since space is limited. Departments may reserve a package and designate in advance different participants for selected seminars. The fee for a complete Seminar Series Package is $500 and $188 for individual seminars.
We appreciate your ongoing support of CHR Training and Development efforts to enhance leadership preparation. Please contact the Training Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) for enrollment assistance and Rejeana Mathis (email@example.com) for program information. We look forward to seeing you at the 2016-17 Management Seminar Series.
Campus Human Resources, Training and Development
Phone: (310) 794-0850 | Fax: (310) 794-0855