2010 Staff Enrichment Program
Put your career on the fast track by applying for the 2010 Staff Enrichment Program. This highly successful career enhancement program has assisted the University in developing qualified UCLA staff members since 1979. The one-year program, beginning in January, is designed to foster career development and provide skills training for employees in staff positions.
Key program goals include the following:
- Offer professional development opportunities for staff
- Develop the internal talent pool of highly skilled and qualified applicants for current and future job openings
- Support the diversity efforts of the University
The major developmental components of the program include individualized career assessment, skills training and contribution to special projects. Participants are offered an opportunity to network and develop partnering relationships with program alumni who have been successful in their professional endeavors at the University. Educational stipends are also available for skills training.
Departmental support is required in order to provide release time for program participants averaging approximately 10 -12 hours per month. During the year, close communication is maintained among participants, their supervisors and program staff to ensure that developmental activities remain consistent with the needs of their departments.
The Staff Enrichment Program is available to all career employees who meet the following criteria:
- Payroll title of Administrative Specialist (or equivalent) or below
- Employed at UCLA for at least one year
- A rating of satisfactory (or better) on the most current performance evaluation
- Departmental endorsement for participation
The application for the 2010 program and further information are available in Related Information. The application may be downloaded and mailed or e-mailed as a Microsoft Word attachment.
For more information about the Staff Enrichment Program or the application process, contact Elizabeth Monaco at (310) 794-0872 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications are due by Wednesday, October 7, 2009.