2017 Staff Enrichment Program
DEANS, DIRECTORS, DEPARTMENT CHAIRS and ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS
Re: 2017 Staff Enrichment Program
Campus Human Resources is pleased to announce recruitment for the 2017 Staff Enrichment Program (SEP), celebrating its 37th year. This highly successful, one-year program, beginning its next cycle in January 2017, is designed to foster career development and provide skill-building opportunities for staff in administrative support positions.
Key program goals include the following:
- Offer professional development opportunities
- Develop the internal talent pool of highly skilled and qualified applicants for current and future job openings
- Support the diversity efforts of the University
The major developmental components of the program include individualized career assessment, skills training, and contribution to special projects. Participants are offered an opportunity to network and develop partnering relationships with program alumni who have been successful in their professional endeavors at the University. Educational stipends are also available for skills training.
Departmental support is required in order to provide release time for program participants averaging approximately 10-12 hours per month. During the year, close communication is maintained among participants, their supervisors, and program staff to ensure that development activities remain consistent with the needs of their departments.
The Staff Enrichment Program is available to all career employees who meet the following criteria:
- UCLA employee in a Career position.
- At least 1 year of service in current role as of January 1, 2017.
- Payroll title of Administrative Specialist (and equivalent titles) or below.
- A rating of satisfactory (or better) on the most current performance evaluation.
- Departmental support for participation.
We encourage you to identify appropriate staff members in your organization in eligible classifications who might benefit from this investment in developing their potential. The application for the 2017 program is due by Friday, September 30, 2016.
For more information about the Staff Enrichment Program or the application process, contact our SEP Coordinator, Megan Eigenbrod, at (310) 794-0872 or email@example.com.
Associate Vice Chancellor
Campus Human Resources