More Work-Life Resources
The rapidly changing work environment has dramatically increased the demands on employees in education and research environments. Whether it’s at the office or in our homes, we’re often juggling more with less. UCLA strives to help faculty and staff find a balance between work, personal goals and family responsibilities by offering a number of services and resources that are dedicated to improving your work-life balance. Please check back often for new and updated information to the links below.
- Child Care: The Early Care & Education Program provides child care for UCLA families, along with parenting information and community resources for over 1,000 families each year.
- Counseling: UCLA Staff & Faculty Counseling Center provides counseling, assessment and referral services to faculty and staff.
- Elder Care: UCLA's Staff and Faculty Counseling Center (SFCC) provides eldercare resource services. The services are designed to offer short-term caregiver counseling, assessment and referral to community eldercare services.
- Family & Medical Leave: Family and Medical Leaves are applied at UCLA and in accordance with the Federal Family Medical Leave Act, the California Family Rights Act and the California Pregnancy Disability Leave Act.
- Lactation Accommodation: Departments at UCLA will provide a location and a reasonable amount of time to accommodate nursing mothers’ lactation needs pursuant to state laws.
- Stress Management: UCLA's Staff and Faculty Counseling Center provides a stress management program called the Environ Biofeedback System that helps participants build the self-awareness and self-confidence needed to manage stress.
- Telecommuting Options: UCLA offers telecommuting options as a way to help you balance work and family demands.
Health Promotion & Wellness
- Environ Biofeedback System: This system uses advanced computer technology that incorporates shifting light patterns, color, sound, sensation and aroma to increase relaxation and decrease stress levels. Individual stress assessment and coaching are also available.
- Learn-at-Lunch Series: Spend a lunch hour expanding your horizons and nourishing your emotional well-being through wellness-related seminars offered by the Staff & Faculty Counseling Center. Free of charge and open to staff and faculty.
- Mindful Awareness Research Center (MARC): MARC’s mission is to foster mindful awareness through education and research to promote well-being and a more compassionate society. The center offers an array of mindfulness workshops for faculty and staff.
- Stress-Management Screening: Offered by UCLA’s Staff & Faculty Counseling Center (SFCC), the screening provides helpful and practical stress-reducing tools you can use right away. No cost and open to faculty and staff.
- Support Groups: Various support groups are offered throughout the year on topics such as “Managing Chronic Pain,” “Parenting,” “Eldercare Support” and “Grief & Supervisory” issues. These groups are approximately four to six weeks and are usually held at the Staff & Faculty Counseling Center.
- UC Living Well: The UC Living Well website serves as a portal to the many wellness resources available to enhance the personal health and well-being of UC faculty, staff, retirees and students.
- UCLA Health System Wellness Initiative: Check out the most up-to-date listing of health and wellness services offered by the UCLA Health System by visiting its wellness site.
- UCLA Recreation: Through low-cost recreation memberships, UCLA faculty, staff and their families have access to campus recreation facilities and programs such as FitWell, which offers free Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi classes, to name a few.
Campus Human Resources
Phone: (310) 794-0800 | Fax: (310) 794-0805