New Employee Orientation
All new employees should attend New Employee Orientation as soon as possible following their date of hire or their benefits eligibility date. Orientation sessions are held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month. It is especially important for employees to attend whose period of initial eligibility (PIE) to enroll in benefits will end. Departments should provide new employees with a "Your Group Insurance Plans" brochure before attending New Employee Orientation.
The program provides new employees with valuable information about the University and the services and programs available.
SPECIAL NOTE: While in-person trainings are affected by the pandemic, New Employee Orientation is being delivered as a self-paced series of videos. Please continue to register new employees for a particular NEO training session – on the day of that session or the Friday prior, attendees will be provided a PDF via e-mail of download instructions for the NEO materials and the links to the NEO videos. It continues to be a requirement that all new employees go through New Employee Orientation.
Topics covered include:
- An overview and brief history of the University of California
- Why UCLA is such a dynamic place to work
- Workplace protections and responsibilities
- Career opportunities available
- The “benefits of belonging” to UCLA
- University health and welfare options
- Disability benefits and retirement programs
Instructor: Staff, Campus Human Resources
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Note: Eligible employees must sign up for health insurance and disability benefits programs within their period of initial eligibility (PIE), which is 31 days from the date they become eligible for benefits, regardless of when they attend the orientation session
Campus employees should contact Training and Development at (310) 794-0850 for more information. Medical Center employees should contact UCLA Healthcare Human Resources at (310) 794-0500 for orientation schedule information.
PARKING AT UCLA WILSHIRE CENTER
The Campus Human Resources training room is located at UCLA Wilshire Center, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1080, Los Angeles, CA 90024. The campus views the UCLA Wilshire Center as an integral part of the UCLA campus and it is accessible to all UCLA faculty and staff for many purposes. In consideration that parking is not validated at the Wilshire Center, there are numerous transportation options available to employees who are coming to the building, including:
- Walk – The UCLA Wilshire Center is in close proximity to various UCLA departments including the Geffen Academy
- Free BruinBus campus shuttle – The UCLA Wilshire Center is a main stop on the campus shuttle route.
- Drive – Blue permit holders may park at the UCLA Wilshire Center as long as space is available.
- Employees may request to use their department’s X-permit (if available), which can access all UCLA parking.
- Yellow Permit holders with a state issued DP placard/license plate may obtain a day permit to part at the UCLA Wilshire Center lot from the UCLA Parking Kiosk (480 Charles E Young Dr.).
- Parking at the UCLA Wilshire Center is $20 per day, without appropriate permit.
- Parking in nearby Lot 32: Blue Permit holder may park in designated spaces. Yellow Permit holders may visit a Kiosk in order to obtain permission to cross-park at Lot 32 up to three times per quarter. Additionally, pay-by-space is available on the first level;’ $1 for 20 minutes to $12 all day.
Campus Human Resources, Training and Development
Phone: (310) 794-0850 | Fax: (310) 794-0855